UL/FM Gate Valves
All models of American AVK gate valves come in a UL/ULC listed and FM approved version. In addition to mechanical joint and flanged versions, we can also supply IPS and Cast Iron O. D. grooved ends meeting the requirements of AWWA C606. And of course, all American AVK UL/FM gate valves meet or exceed the requirements of AWWA C509.
Some of our more popular versions of UL/FM listed valves are shown at left Please see our gate valve page for a complete listing of American AVK gate valves.
- Certified to NSF 61 by Underwriters Laboratories
- All AVK UL/FM gate valves meet or exceed the requirements of AWWA C509
- Stainless stee stem - standard
- Stainless steel bolts - standard
- Bonnet bolts are countersunk and capped with hot melt to totally isolate the bolts from corrosive environments
- O-ring bonnet gasket wraps each bolt to prevent corrosion
- Bonnet blow offs due to bolt failure eliminated
- Fully encapsulated wedge with EPDM - standard
- Ductile iron wedge fully encapsulated in EPDM rubber with an integral bronze stem nut for optimum corrosion protection and precision wedge tracking
- EPDM resists attack from chloramines
- Ductile iron gland flange for protection should the valve be over-torqued in the closed direction - will not break or crack
- Gland flange equipped with cast in lifting lugs for easy handling
- Wiper ring - to prevent impurities from entering the stem and to protect the o-rings.
- Two o-ring stem seals to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear - replaceable under full pressure
- Third o-ring stem seal protects upper stem from impurities entering from the water way
- Coating to AWWA C550 - Electrostatically applied fusion bonded epoxy coating inside and outside for excellent corrosion resistance
- 100% testing - All valves tested to 250 PSI / 500 PSI as required by AWWA, UL, and FM
- Listed by UL, ULC and FM